Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Chocolate Attack

Evening ladies and gents. :o) How was your Wednesday? Mine was nice and uneventful.

I decided to reschedule my morning run for the afternoon since I didn't get to sleep until late last night. The hubby climbed into bed in the middle of the night because he was having a difficult time sleeping on the couch. (Remember? He's been sleeping on the couch for the past few nights because of his back.) So that woke me up too. My body was telling me to sleep in a little longer than 5:30, so I did.

My day was jump started with a yummy toasted peanut butter and banana multigrain sandwich thin and a big glass of ice water. YUM-O! I sprinkled a little cinnamon on top too. Talk about a decadent breakfast!


Around 10:30am, I was ready for a snack, so I made myself a small plate of hummus, carrots and edamame salad. Edamame [eh-dah-MAH-meh] are young green soy beans in the pod, commonly eaten in Japan.


Lunch was left over Pork Au Poivre with a side of apples and grapes.

After lunch, I got this crazy craving for chocolate so I grabbed a mini Hershey's bar and combined it with a mini candy cane. It hit the spot!  (excuse the poor picture, as I took it with my cell phone. :o)

About 15 minutes later, my hankerin' was back! UGH.... so I grabbed a mini Toblerone bar. The chocolate was "dark" with specks of almond. Oh sooooooo good!


Once home, the DH met me at the door with a request for my homemade fried pickles. I wasn't "feeling" the fried pickles, but he's been cooped up inside all week with his back, so I wanted to do something nice for him. We ran down to the local sub shop and purchased a twp BIG kosher pickles from a barrel. I fried those babies up to a perfect golden brown while the hubs made a dipping sauce. I snacked on two fried pickle rounds and called it a night.


I got a late start of my evening run because I had my daddy and littlest brother over to help us eat the fried pickles.  We got to talking and enjoyed some good quality time together. :o) I wouldn't trade those times for anything!

Once I was all laced up and stretched, I hopped on the treadmill and (painfully) pumped out 5 minutes of walking, 1 mile run, 1/4 mile walk, 1 mile run and 1/4 miles walk. 400 calories burned and 2 3/4 miles later and I thought I was going to die! Ok, maybe that's a little extreme, but seriously... I'm contemplating repeating either this week's sessions or last week's. I'm unsure of whether my body is just becoming accustomed to the new physical activity or if I really need to slow it down. *sigh* I'm sure I'll be doing some research on this tomorrow.

I practically fell into the shower after I stretched.  Dinner was a little bowl of the Edamame Salad, which was quite satisfying. (If you live near a Publix, I would highly recommend picking this up. It's in the Deli department with the fresh salsas and hummus. - DO IT!)  ;-)


Well folks, It's past my bed time. I've got a busy day at work tomorrow, followed by a family New Years ham dinner and no work on Friday. Heck Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment