Monday, December 28, 2009

An Eventful Day Off

Whew! What a day...

Last night was going well when I had my best friend, Lindsey, over to give her a wedding planner I made for her along with a few wedding magazines. (Someone made me a custom planner when I was getting married, and it meant the world to me. I found that it contained only the info needed, unlike those crazy expensive and huge planners you buy in the store that you only use half of), so I wanted to pass along the idea.



....then it all went down hill when it was time for bed.

My dear husband pulled a muscle in his lower back last night while playing basketball. (He's getting old in his 22 years- tehe.) He needed my help getting into bed last night and by this morning, I couldn't get him out of it.  I called my (awesome) mother-in-law for an extra hand in getting him up and to an urgent care facility.  Together, we rolled him out of bed and with each of us under a shoulder, we got him to the car. It was extremely painful for him - I was sad to see him hurting so badly. :o(

To make an extremely long story, short, we were at the urgent care center for a little over two hours where they gave him a painkiller, a shot of Ativan and took x-rays to rule out broken bone(s).  During the x-rays, he passed out cold on the floor from all the meds. Poor guy. The conclusion was a badly pulled muscle and two prescriptions for Vicadin and Flexeril.

Once situtaed back in the car, which again, took an army to get there, we were headed home. We made a pit stop at a local sandwich shop where I ordered a club sandwich on wheat bread. It was Mmmm Mmm good! "Breakfast" was a measly granola bar that I shared with Derek while sitting in the exam room, so lunch was thoroughly enjoyed!



Once I got my DH all situated and "drugged", I made a quick run to the grocery store, as this was on my agenda for my last vacation day from work. The trip took far longer than expected, and I was exhausted by the time I made it home!

I put away groceries, started a load of laundry and tended to the DH, then jumped on the treadmill for week 6/session 1 of C25K. This session was planned for this morning, but was obviously pushed aside for more important things. I'll have to admit that I really got my butt kicked by today's session. :o( To be honest, I felt slightly discouraged but managed to make it all the way through and walked away with my chin high.  5 weeks left... I'm gonna stay strong.

After the crazy-hard session, I treated myself to a clay mask. :o)  Geez, I look exhausted in this picture.


Dinner was a baked sweet potato with turkey chili on top. I'm gonna have to say that I'll be making this concoction again. It was quite yummy (and healthy to boot)!




*yawn* I've gotta get the husband situated on the couch (it's more comfortable for him to sleep on the couch since he can be slightly elevated) and snuggle up in bed with my new "Fitness" magazine. :o) It's back to the grind tomorrow after 6 days off of work.

I'm dreaming of a healthy husband. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment