Friday, December 4, 2009

Pain, Pain, Go Away!!!!!

It has been 36 hours since my workout yesterday, and I'm still unbelievably sore. *cries* Will someone please pass the cheese to go with my wine whine? Please. Thank you.

Lunch was yummies:  A Polaner raspberry fruit spread and almond butter sandwich on Ezekiel Bread with a side of fruit.  I highly recommend the fruit spread! It was full of yummy.  :o)

In my post from this afternoon, I mentioned a few things that Sultan and I could do on our rainy day off.  "We" chose to do two out of the six items on the list:
  • Bake cookies for the Children's Choir (I promised them a treat at this Sunday's rehearsal)- CHECK!
  • Do laundry (Can't seem to get that monster under control) - CHECK!
I chose to make these cuties for my cuties in choir.  :o) Rainbow swirl sugar cookies. A little labor intensive, but well worth it for the fun design! (Public service announcement: these are on the good-for-your-soul list, not the good-for-you list.)


I may or may not have had one of these cookies today. *blushes*

The cooler and rainy weather put me in the mood to make chili. I decided to make a white chicken chili which turned out awesome!  In an effort to stay with this weeks food goal of having fruits or veggies at each meal/snack, I dipped fresh cut zucchini in the chili and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. Where has this concoction been all my life?! ;-)


What's your favorite cool weather food?? You know you have one!
Tell me in the comments section!

3 comments:

  1. I love white chicken chili!!! We have it a lot during the winter. Hmmmmm, we love SanteFe Chili and regular chili...all made from dry beans that were soaked overnight and spices from the pantry, not a packet. And Daisy sour creme all the way (the best out there!).
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, thanks for the input! Comments are what makes this blog go 'round. ;-)

    I've been wanting to try dry beans ever since the post on your blog about them. Would you believe they still intimidate me?! Those silly little beans make me nervous. haha.

    I'm with ya on the Daisy brand sour cream. ;-) Ain't nothin' mo betta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious. I should have braved the rain and cold to come down and sneak a bowl.

    ReplyDelete