Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I Talk to Myself

Good Morning All! Guess what? I have the day off from work today, and tomorrow and the next day and the next day and..... well, I don't have to go back until next Tuesday. :o) Once the hubby was out the door this morning for work, I threw a pork butt in the crock pot and jumped on the treadmill.

During my run this morning, (which, by the way, was the most trying and difficult one thus far) I realized I talk to myself to push myself to my goal.  Haha. Aside from telling myself in my head, "You've got this, you can do it. Pain is temporary, quitting is forever, come on girl, you can do this!", I actually audibly exclaimed at the end of my run, "You did it, Jess! You did it! Yeah!!!"

I'll admit, it made me smile once I realized what I had done. But, hey, whatever gets me to the end, right?!

Lots of cookie baking and frosting are on the agenda today.  I've been baking large sugar cookies for the past two nights and will frost them today. I decided to individually bag each one in a clear cellophane bag and give them to family as part of our Christmas gift.  My littlest brother, Carson, it going to come over in a little bit so we can roll out some more sugar cookie dough, cut out some fun shapes, bake and frost them.  This way, he'll have a plate of nice cookies to bring to the family festivities over the next few days. :o)

Well folks, that's all I've got for now! After lots of cleaning, baking and frosting, I'll be on my way to the final dress rehearsal for the Christmas Eve program.

Remember to take some time for yourself over the next few days and remember what Christmas is really about... the Birth of Jesus Christ! ((HUGS)) and lots of love to you and your families!

1 comment: