Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Change of Plans

This girl is whooped! I've been going to bed pretty late and my body is finally telling me to stop it. I was feeling a little run down yesterday, starting with a headache when I rolled out of bed. It felt like a sinus headache and possibly allergies, so I took a Zyrtec before going to bed last night.  (Note: Zyrtec makes me extremely sleepy and I usually sleep very hard if I take one at night.) My alarm was set for 5:30 this morning, to get up for Week 3/Session 2 of C25K.  I slept through the alarm and woke up at 6:45. UGH.... my morning run was out of the picture. I was completely bummed about missing my run this morning.  :-( 

To make up for the lack of physical activity for the day, I made a conscience effort to eat well. Breakfast was a banana with almond butter and a little granola. The office went to Macaroni Grill for lunch, where I chose grilled chicken skewers with veggies with a side salad. I only had one slice of the hot, yummy bread they put in front of me as an appetizer and a few very small slices of lemon pond cake for dessert.  Again, control is everything. I satisfied my craving while filling up on the healthier selections, making less "room" for the treats. I was full for the rest of the afternoon and didn't need/want a snack before dinner.

I had a feeling of discontent all day since missing my morning run, so I made a point to do Week 3/Session2 when I got home. The music was turned up and I walked away feeling completely pumped and accomplished! :o) YAY!!

Spaghetti was on the menu for dinner. (It's easy and I am lacking time/motivation for cooking big meals with the Christmas Eve program fast approaching.) After running, I lost my craving for it, so I made a big salad and topped it with a little spaghetti and a meatball. It was juuuust riiiiight!

I promised myself a full 8 hours of sleep this evening, so I'll be hitting the sack at 9:00pm.  I should be waking up around 5:30 to do a 20 minute DVD workout session.  Oh boy!  ;-P NIGHTY NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment