Friday, December 4, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Ladies and Gents, I'm lacking motivation today. These Florida rain showers are killin' me! I know this weather is going to bring cooler air, which I'm good with, seeing how we're in December and I wore shorts the other day. BUT I'm desperate for some sunshine!! Ok, I'm done whining now. :o)

I have to tell you something. I hurt. I hurt real bad this morning. It hurt to get out of bed. It hurt to bend down to put Sultans leash on him. It hurt to sit on the couch and it hurt to pick up an ice cube off the kitchen floor that I dropped. Yesterday's morning workout has kicked my booty.

Through the pain this morning, I stretched and ran my C25K Week 2/Session 3. I thought I was crazy while doing it, but feel very accomplished now that it's done.  :o) YAY for "sticking to it"!

After the morning run, I whipped up an amazingly delicious smoothie that consisted of 1 whole banana, 1 tsp almond butter,  1 scoop of chocolate protein powder,  almond milk and crushed ice. YUM-O! This is definitely one of my new favorite combinations.


Sultan and I are lounging around the house today. "We" could technically be doing a number of things on this day off of work, but we're just not feelin' it yet. Here are some of our options:
  • Clean the house (a lot) ;-)
  • Bake cookies for the Children's Choir (I promised them a treat at this Sunday's rehearsal)
  • Bake cookies for Christmas (Don't worry... I plan on freezing them. No stale cookies here my friends!)
  • Put up the Christmas tree (while preparing hot tea or some other appropriate festive beverage)
  • Get my nails did (Yes, I just said, "get my nails 'did'" )
  • Do laundry (Can't seem to get that monster under control)
Have you ever been painfully sore after a good workout? Tell me I'll soon be able to get off the couch without pain! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you will be able to be without pain one of these days - probably when you stop running!! What brand of chocolate protein powder do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, thanks for the "tip"!

    I currently use Publix Greenwise brand of chocolate protein powder. It's pretty darn good but I've never tried any other brands to compare it to. I hear "Designer Whey" is also a good brand. Both can be found at Publix.

    ReplyDelete