Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Happenings

Merry (late) Christmas!  What a joyous time of year.  :o) I actually look more forward to Christmas Eve rather than Christmas day because of the annual Christmas Eve service and family gatherings on Christmas Eve night.  You know the children's Christmas Eve program I have been working on for months? Well, I used to be IN the choir and not directing it.  What sweet, sweet memories I hold from over 15 years of Christmas Eve programs held at my church.

Here's a quick peek at the Christmas County Spelling Bee (This years play)



The children did a fantastic job and I've been told by several individuals that it was the best Christmas Eve program our church has ever had. I am so proud of the children and  all their hard work. *applause*

After the program, my dear husband and I had to split our family time by first attending a get-together with my side of the family and then a steak dinner with his side of the family.  This was our fourth Christmas together and fourth time making the rounds, so we're pretty used to it. Everything always falls into place and we get to see everyone. :o)

This is my niece, Lucy, and I after the program. (She got her two front teeth for Christmas) tehe!


We made it back home around 10:15pm, when Derek went right to bed while I stayed up to make the french toast casserole for Christmas Breakfast.  I went to bed around 12:30 because I got caught up in preparing the dish and surfing the web. I haven't stayed up that late in so long! At 5:30am, I got a text message from my momma that read, "They're up"(referring to my little brothers being up and ready to open gifts.) So I sprung up out of bed, grabbed my water bottle and a banana and walked next door to join in the festivities.  (Please excuse my lack of photos... my momma was the one with the camera this time, so I don't have any pics yet.)

When I got back home, I put the casserole in the oven, woke up my sleeping hubby and got ready for breakfast at the Kuda's.

 Look at the pretty little ribbons around the silverware. Too cute!


My MIL got me a little somethin' somethin' from Victoria's Secret. ;-)


 And some awesome boots!


With only 5 hours of sleep under my belt, I was a complete zomby until about 2:00 pm when I just couldn't take it any longer. I forced myself to take a two hour nap before Christmas dinner at by brother's house.  The nap did the trick, and I was quite refreshed for dinner. The festivities came to a close after the most delicious dinner at Steve and Erin's house and I slept like a baby all night. :o)

I hope you had a most delightful Christmas and soak up a little R&R over the long weekend. 

Stay tuned... I have to tell you about my accomplishment today in regards to the C25K training!

No comments:

Post a Comment