Friday, January 1, 2010

It's Two Thousand and Ten

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Welcome to 2010. :o) Can you believe it?! I know I can't...

We didn't have any wild and crazy plans and actually fell asleep in our cozy bed around 11:30pm.

<<<<<  Yesterday, I got to spend some good quality time with my Cousin Matt who is visiting from California for a few weeks. We enjoyed some great conversation and yummy coffee and sandwiches at Boston Coffee House before we killed some time at Target. 

I had to hurry home to get ready for dinner at the DH's Mimi's house. When I walked in the door, the hubby said he wasn't going to be able to go to dinner because his back hurt too bad. :o( So I whipped him up this new (good-for-you) recipe for him before I left.

FETTUCCINE WITH CREAMY RED PEPPER-FETA SAUCE

 (source)

We thought it was decent, but I'm not sure if I'll be making it again.  I think it needed chicken or a little something extra.  If it were just me, I would eat it again, but I don't think the hubs liked it enough.

MY dinner was fantastic! Ham, cheesy potatoes, green beans, dump salad, baked potato soup and salad all graced my plate. I went light on the carbies, and filled up on the greens. :o)  Dessert was a little sliver of Mimi's famous chocolate-chocolate cake. YUM-AZING!!!!

After dinner, we gathered around the fire pit and enjoyed some nice conversation. We each took a turn telling the group of at least one thing that we had planned for 2010. I exclaimed, "Run a 5k!" :o) I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of health conscience changes/continuances that were announced for the 2010 year.

Bring on good health, 2010!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica!
    I am so happy that you found me over at Family Fresh Cooking. Congrats on starting your blog, it looks like you are off to a great start! I launched mine in June and have been loving the super fun blogging world. It will be fun hearing about you 5K training!

    ReplyDelete