Friday, January 1, 2010

I (barely) Made It

Evening, all.

This has been one of the most lazy restful days I've had in a long time.  I woke up to this not-so-lovely rainy day... what a view. NOT!


On today's schedule was week 6/day 3 of C25K. Today's session confirmed for me that I'm going to repeat week 6 instead of moving on to week 7 next week.  I was scheduled to run 2.25 miles with no walking BUT I (barely) made it through 2 miles and just about had a heart attack. (Ok, so not really, but give me a moment... I was feelin' sorry for myself.) I walked the final 1/4 mile and called it a day. For the first time since beginning this program 6 weeks ago, I immediately sprawled out on the floor after stepping off the treadmill. I had a "moment" and somewhat of a woe-is-me attitude for about 2 minutes but was able to come back down to reality and realize that I had just run two miles straight through, and that is soooo something to be proud of!

I picked myself up off the floor, wobbled down the stairs and made a toasted sandwich thin with peanut butter, banana and cinnamon. A big glass of water washed it all down. Ah, yes.... sweet satisfaction! I was officially re-fueled. 

Since today was full of a bunch of nothing, I surfed the internet while the hubby watched lots of football and caught up on his fishing magazines.  I made an attempt to utilize my "new" I-Pod that Caitlin (from work) so kindly GAVE to me!! She basically rocks and came to me last week, wanting to give me her I-Pod since she got a new one for Christmas. Yeah, I know, she's pretty cool like that. ;-P (THANK YOU, CAITLIN!) On top of that, I received an I-Tunes gift card of which I took advantage of today.


For lunch, I threw together some delicious low-sodium turkey, avocado (the best part), spinach and Annie's Goddess Dressing on a sandwich thin.  Apples, grapes and mixed nuts were a scrumptious treat on the side, along with my water.


(Insert an insane amount of time wasted)

This afternoon, our Sultan (mini daschund) got sick to his stomach three times. :o(


We think it's from his treats, because he seems to get sick after eating them and who knows what kind of "mystery meat" is in them. I threw them all out and baked a batch of homemade pumpkin peanut butter dog treats for our little man.

I would be fibbing if I told you I didn't try one the treats. Come on! Don't eeeeven! They were made out of whole wheat flour, pumpkin, peanut butter, eggs, cinnamon and salt. 100% natural and 100% not freakish of me to try one. Thank you. Very much.


If you have a puppy-mut of your own, these treats are a must! Our Sulty Bear looooved them.


He perked up after having a few.  :o)


By the time the treats were done and my kitchen was in shambles, our tummies were growling for dinner.  Adobo Chicken was on the menu, along with brown rice and green beans.  All in all, this one was a winner and will be on the menu in the future. Ya hoo!!



Guess what? The hubs is feeling (significantly) better!  We have lots of things on the schedule tomorrow. Some of which include returning clothes, picking up Sultan's medicine and hopefully a lunch or dinner date thrown in somewhere. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Jess, we will be adding a wee one (fur baby) to our home in a few weeks. This recipe will be a must!! Thanks ...and you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, fantastic news! :o) Please let me know how they turn out for you and if the babe loves them.

    I can't even begin to tell you how easy they are and not to mention the amount of money we'll be saving now.

    By the way, YOU'RE one of the reasons I started this C25K training. :o) You peaked my interestand were quite an inspiration to follow your training and through your first 5k. Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete