Sunday, January 10, 2010

Good-For-You Chocolate?

It's another lazy day around this household today. I've actually gotten a few loads of laundry done and the floors swept, so that's gotta count for somethin'. ;-) I'm contemplating having the hubby open up the attic so we can put away some stray items that have been lingering around upstairs for, oh, you know... about a year or so! The items include a few rolls of extra carpet and hard wood flooring left from construction and misc. holiday "stuff". In addition to the storing away of unused goods, I need my dear husband to change a light bulb in one of the upstairs rooms. The room just so happens to be the one that houses my treadmill. I've been running in the dark with only the light from the hallway seeping in... talk about dedicated! tehe.

So,  how about that good-for-you chocolate?? I was completely thrilled when I saw the mail man outside my door with this little brown box yesterday morning.

The box didn't stay in tact for long, as I tore into it as if I were opening the grand-top-of-the-christmas-list gift, as a child.  Nestled in crumbled up pieces of paper and bubble wrap, was this jar full of CHOCOLATE!

The Wax Orchards website described this jewel as, Classic Fudge: A dark rich blend, bittersweet European style fudge with universal appeal.
Look at those ingredients! No junk, all natural. :o) Now that's what I'm talkin' about.


All their products are diabetic friendly, fruit-sweetened, fruit thickened, heart healthy, fat-free, vegan, gluten-free and lactose-free.  I originally heard of this product from Marla, in her recipe for good-for-you stuffed french toast and knew I had to try the chocolateI haven't made the french toast yet, but it's on my recipes-to-try list.

My review of the jar of chocolate? YUM-AZING! There a slight hint of fruit flavor, but nothing overwhelming; mainly a bold chocolate flavor. I'm completely ecstatic about this product and can't wait to  use it on all kinds of treats. As an afternoon snack, I added a little drizzle to my usual peanut butter and apple slices.  Ohhh so, so, so yummy!

It feels good to have a chocolate sauce (of which I'm honest enough to say that I crave!) that isn't filled with all kinds of junk. Just as with any treat, (chocolate included) it will be enjoyed in moderation. ;-P

 Well I'm off to get some more stuff done around the house (and attempt to stay out of the chocolate) ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment