Friday, January 15, 2010

Dinner Date

Happy Friday! :o) *grins*

I absolutely love Friday nights. The start of a weekend, time with the hubby and two mornings to sleep in. :o) Ah, yes.

The husband and I went to dinner tonight at a new local Greek restaurant. It was a small, family owned establishment with authentic Greek food.

Everything was really yummy! The husband got fried calamari as an appetizer and a gyro for his entree. He said both were fantastic!

Fried Calamari
(excuse the poor quality food pictures... they were taken with my cell phone)


For my meal, I ordered a platter of four different Greek "salads" with warm pita to scoop them up with and a small greek salad.

The salads on the platter included:
Tzatziki Sauce-  Yogurt, garlic, cucumber and extra virgin olive oil (Fresh and light - oh so good)
Melitzano-Salata- Roasted Eggplant Salad (Good, but not my cup of tea)
Kopanisti- Spicy Feta Spread (Favorite!!)
Hummus- Chickpeas with garlic (Classic and yummy)

This little Greek salad packed a serious punch! It was full of flavor and lots of bright, fresh veggies. :o)

We wrapped up the evening with a trip to Barnies where the hubby ordered a frozen mocha chiller with whipped cream and I chose a small soy cappuccino with (very little) sugar free vanilla syrup to add just a hint of sweetness. I guess I'm going to have to start carrying around a small bottle of agave nectar in my purse so I have a healthy, all natural alternative to sweeten my coffee drinks. I hate adding syrups, but it's pretty much all they offer at Barnies. :-/

I feel refreshed after a healthy dinner, especially since I'm still recovering from my cookie attack last night.  I told the hubs to pleeeease eat the cookies or give them to his friends. haha. Just get them out of the house!!!

******************************

The C25K schedule has been changed up a little bit this week. Monday and Wednesday runs were right on schedule, but session 3 for this week is being moved from today, to tomorrow. I'm meeting Erin in the morning for a run outside so we can both get a feel for running outdoors instead of on a treadmill. This way, we'll be prepared for our first 5k on February 6th. :o) We're both a little nervous about tomorrow's run, but we agreed to keep it simple and to just get a feel for each others running style and pace. We're gonna have fun!

On tomorrows C25K week 8/session 3 schedule:

.25 mile warm up walk
2.75 mile run
.25 mile cool down

I'm not sure if I'm going to follow that exactly since I'll be in a different running environment and with someone else, but we'll see.

I'll be back tomorrow with running results. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment