Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Green "Monster" Smoothie

Evening, all.

I'm still on my "runners high" from last nights 3.5 mile run. :o) *grins*

I slept so, so, so good last night. Would you believe that I think I run better in the afternoon/evening than in the morning? I'm not 100% sure if I'm convinced of this yet, but it's definitely something I'm going to keep an eye on and compare my morning runs with my afternoon/evening runs. Interesting....

Anywho, I made the most fantastic green smoothie for breakfast. Look at this beauty!



The husband walked into the kitchen this morning, saw the blender and exclaimed, "What the heck is that?!" haha. The concoction actually looked like Nickelodeon Slime but tasted oh so good! 

Here's the recipe of this morning's green smoothie (from Angela at "Oh She Glows")

Virgin Green Monster

Ingredients:

2 cups spinach
1-1.25 cups milk (cow’s milk, soy, hemp, almond, rice, etc)
1 tablespoon flax (optional)
1 banana
ice

Directions:

Hi there, Are you a Green Monster first-timer? Have no fear! This recipe is fool proof. Even the biggest skeptic will love this one. Place the ingredients into the blender in the following order: 1) Flax, 2) spinach, 3) banana, 4) milk. The reason for this order is so the heavier ingredients weigh down the flax and spinach and keep it from flying up around the blender and sticking to the side. Blend everything on the highest setting for 1 minute or so. Finally, add ice and blend on the ice setting. Pour into a large, fancy glass. Sit back, gulp it down, and be prepared to have endless energy!


I thouroughly enjoyed my first real green smoothie and plan to add it to my regular breakfast routine at least a few times a week. I'll be trying all kinds of new recipes off of the green monster website. Yay for new good-for-you recipes! ;-)

GOOGLE THE BENEFITS OF GREEN SMOOTHIES - YOU'LL BE IMPRESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment