Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2.5

*Drum Roll Please*

I JUST RAN TWO AND A HALF MILES without walking!!!! This is a new personal record and right on schedule with week 7. 

I made the announcement a few days ago that I was going to repeat a week. However, after discussing my "troubles" and doubts with several wonderful people in my life, I realized my main problem was phycological and not physical. I was physcially able to make the run, but I was physicing myself out and hitting a mental wall at two miles.

The scheduled Monday run was skipped and then I slept through my alarm this morning because I was discouraged and not "feeling" the training. I realized something had to change and that the change had to be done by yours truly... ME! All day, I mentally prepared myself for a run this evening. I knew I had a dentist appointment at 5:20, right after work, so I planned ahead and brought a plain sweet potato to work so I could pop it in the microwave and eat it for dinner. This way, I wouldn't be starving by the time my dentist appointment was over, and have to eat right before my run (which always causes side stitches while I'm running.)

This strategy worked and I hopped right on the treadmill after walking in the door and "suiting up."

THANK YOU ASHLEY for making the suggestion to not look at the treadmill screen while running, which tends to overwhelm me. This totally worked and got me through this run.

THANK YOU ERIN for telling me that I've still got my "mo-jo" and haven't lost it, no matter what my mind is telling me. She reminded me that it's ok to slow my jog every once in a while to make it through the full distance. My body needs it!

This run is exactly what I needed to keep my chin up and renew my passion to make it through this 9 week program. :o) Three weeks left!!!

*Another drum roll please*

I REGISTERED FOR THE DISNEY PRINCESS 5K in March!!!!! Erin and I are going to run it together and we are soooooo excited! :o)
_______________________________

I have to take a moment to give my Cousin Matt a little shout out on the blog. ;-) He is flying back to California after his three week visit to Florida. :o( I'm going to miss him terribly. I very much cherish the time I have with him each year. :o)

This is a picture of us with our good friend, Lindsey, before going out for sushi. We had a blast!


Well I'm going ski-daddle and get my 2010 organizer somewhat put together and maybe peek at one of my new health magazines before catching some shut eye.

1 comment: