Thursday, January 14, 2010

Owned

These little guys owned tempted me tonight.



Let me explain.

The husband had a rough day at work, so I wanted to have dinner and homemade chocolate chip cookies ready for him when he got home.

My intentions were innocent. Then I made a mistake. I tasted the cookie dough. What was I thinking?! I lost all control and began eating little pieces of dough with chocolate and peanut butter chips and that was it, I was done. Done as in throw all control out the window and shovel warm cookies in my mouth just about as quick as they were coming off of the cookie sheet and being placed on the cooling rack.  *blushes*

At least I balanced my little cookie indulgence with a good-for-me dinner.



I prepared Quinoa, sauteed mixed veggies (peas, lima beans, carrots, green beans and corn) in olive oil, garlic and pepper and topped it all off with crumbled goat cheese.

I got the idea from 'SELF' magazine. In each issue, they feature one of their readers with their real-life health and fitness tips for getting through each day. This month's featured reader, Callie Joy Palma, prepares a large batch of quinoa at the beginning of the week and refrigerates it for use throughout the week.



I'm really excited about this new good-for-me recipe and have already added it to my normal rotation for go-to meals. :o) Yeah!

You all know my theory, moderation and a healthy balance. I may have gone a little over board with the cookies this evening, (Hey! I'm human!) but I've jumped right back on track and plan to stay the path from my healthy dinner, right through breakfast and on from there.  :o)

Tomorrow is FRIDAY! - Yeah!!  
Sweet dreams my blog readers. ;-)

P.S. Today marked over 1,000 hits/visits on the Why Dontcha Run blog! Ya-hoo!! 

Thank you for your support as I work through the C25K challenge and make it to and (hopefully through) my first 5k in February. I thoroughly enjoy blogging about my up's and down's of everyday challenges (cookies!) with health and fitness and find that this blog holds me accountable to my training schedule and choices. So..... Thank YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment