Saturday, January 9, 2010

Breakfast Cookie

Hi there! What a lazy day I'm having today. Ah, yes... a little R&R. :o)

I woke up to yet another cold morning (with NO SNOW - boo hoo hoo) and snuggled up on the couch with my blanket and "Women's Health" magazine. I've been really enjoying reading health magazines lately. They're full of tips and tricks to make every day health and fitness choices easier, more fun and spiced up. I'm trying to narrow down my list of ones I want to subscribe to, but it's very difficult since there are so many great options!

Week 7/Session 3 of C25K was on today's schedule, so I went ahead and got that outta the way. I did my 5 minute warm up walk, 2.5 miles straight through running, no walking and then cooled down with another 1.25 miles of walking for the heck of it.  I'm feeling very proud of what I've accomplished thus far and extremely anxious about week 8. I've come this far and will continue to rock this training program! :o) Confidence is key. ;-P

Guess what?! I've got my first reader request! Ya-hoo!! I've had a few lovely ladies request "my" breakfast cookie recipe.  A breakfast cookie gets its name from its shape. It's basically compiled of oats, nut butter, protein powder, milk,  mix-in of choice and topping(s). Without further ado, I introduce to you, the infamous...

BREAKFAST COOKIE
(adapted from Gina-aka The Fitnessista)

FIRST: Mix together
*1/3 cup oats
*1 tbs nut butter of choice (I usually pick either peanut butter or almond butter) 
*1/2 scoop protein powder (I use Designer Whey - Chocolate)


SECOND: Add and stir until moistened
*2 tbs Milk (I use almond or soy milk, but any type will work)

THIRD: Mix-ins! Make it your own ;-)
*Banana, pumpkin, chocolate chips, etc. - anything goes!

(This one is a very ripe banana)

FOURTH: Spread onto a small plate and flatten with the back of a spoon & Add optional "seasoning"
*I sprinkled cinnamon on top of this particular cookie.


LAST: Cover and refrigerate overnight
*The oats will soften from the milk and the "cookie" will harden from nut butter

The next day, it should resemble a giant cookie!


In the morning, dig in with a spoon and ENJOY!!

I love to make one of these cookies at night, so I can wake up to a fully prepared, delicious and nutritious breakfast. Talk about convenience and a time saver!


Now go, go now, make yourself a breakfast cookie for the morning and report back with results! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment