Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Work Space

Evening, all.

My heart is hurting for Haiti. :o( I feel so useless and wish there was something I could do to help. When I see those children on the television, crying out in pain (both physical and emotional), I just want to scoop them up and hold them.  *sigh* My prayers will have to do, which is a lot more powerful than anything I could ever physically do for the people of Haiti.

When I got home from work today, I ran around with my Sultan for a little bit and then jumped on the treadmill for Week 8/Session 2 of C25k. This helped me release some tension and overall stress. Running always helps clear my mind, focus and think more clearly.

I ran my scheduled 2.75 miles straight through with no walking, followed by 1/2 mile of walking to cool down. this evening's run went well and has me more pumped for the February 6th 5k. :o)

You know what? I realized today that I've never shared my "work space" with you, my blog follower. Trust me, it's nothing interesting, (at all) but I thought it would bring you more into my little world of running and training. :o)

Come upstairs, take your shoes off and stay awhile.

See the aluminum foil? That's how I cover up the stats (time/distance/pace/etc.), to keep my from getting disheartened. Like I've said in the past, I do better when all that "stuff" is covered up.

 Please take note of the blank, neutral-colored wall in front of the treadmill. This, my friends, is what I stare at for 45 minutes at a time. Oh yeah, dedication. Pure dedication right there. ;-P Oh, and I can't forget about the spare mattress that is leaning against the wall... again, not the most interesting thing to focus on.

Today's run burned 520 calories (I'm not actually running to burn calories and lose weight, but it comes with the territory, ya know?) and covered 3.51 miles.  When I feel like I'm close to my goal, I peek under the fancy screen cover aluminum foil to see how far I've come.



And last but not least, a silly picture of me in action. :o) Oh yeah, I'm workin' it. haha.


Well folks, my warm bed is calling my name.  I've gotta pack up the leftover chicken n dumplin's from dinner, for lunch tomorrow and then I'm gonna be out like a light bulb! Evening exercise always knocks me out. Whew!


Does exercising at night keep you awake or help you sleep?

2 comments:

  1. Did Sultan take your picture? :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh course he did! ;-) He loves to sit and watch me run. He must think I'm crazy.... running and staying in the same place. Crazy mommy. ;-P

    ReplyDelete