Monday, November 30, 2009

A Case of the Monday's

The morning started out well with week 2/session 1 of the C25K (5k training program) and a yummy protein smoothie. Then the day pretty much went down hill from there. :-(
I dropped my 5 day old cell phone in the water and now it's acting weird.... bleh. Not happy.

For lunch, the office ordered in Chili's. I got the Southwest Cobb salad of which I forgot to specify grilled chicken instead of fried.  I ended up scraping the breading off most of the chicken and added it to my salad that way. Ugh...

Grocery shopping was uneventful but at least I'm stocked up with lots of good-for-me goodies! my DH (dear husband) ate left over pizza for dinner by the time I got home, so I threw together a salad for myself.  The salad consisted of mixed greens, tomatoes, fresh roasted zucchini and a homemade balsamic dressing. I'll admit that I'm not real big on salads. Well, I guess I'm not big on them when made at home. I prefer one from a restaurant that's full of goodies! Basically what mine lacked this evening.... LOL

Eh, it wasn't terrible but it wasn't great.

After dinner, I chopped veggies and whipped up some homemade hummus so that I don't have an excuse that the healthy items aren't convenient, later in the week.  While the kitchen was disassembled, I went ahead and prepared my breakfast for tomorrow morning as well. I made this Breakfast "cookie" and will taste test it in the morning.

Lets hope Tuesday is better than Monday. After all, I only have two days left of the work week since I get Thursday and Friday off for my birthday!! That right there is reason enough to make tomorrow better than today. :o) One step closer to sweet freedom!

Are you a "salad person"?
Tell me in the comments section!

I never really thought about it until today and hate to admit that I'll have to find other methods of including veggies into my daily routine.  Oh well, bring on another challenge. :o)

2 comments:

  1. I have always said a salad tastes a lot better when made by someone else!

    ReplyDelete