Wednesday, November 25, 2009

First Things First

Set a goal! I'm setting a goal that's not quite as intimidating as a whole marathon.... I learned my lesson on that.

GOAL: Run a 5k

I've decided to follow the 9 week training program, Couch to 5k.  I started the training four days ago on Sunday the 22nd, so I should complete the program the week of January 11, 2010 if all goes as planned. This is of course pending no sickness or unforeseen circumstances that would hinder my three times a week training.

The next step is to choose an actual 5k to run. My search for this 5k will begin soon with hopefully a decision by Christmas.  I'm aiming for a Spring run, when the weather begins to warm up.

I plan to generally train on Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's in the morning before work. This week, I changed up the schedule because of Thanksgiving.  As long as I commit to three days a week, I think I'll be on my way to forming a habit, making exercise come easier and more natural - one of my ultimate goals.

The first week of training went like this:
Sunday - Week One, Session One
Tuesday - Week One, Session Two (After run munchies: Fresh oatmeal with agave nectar, cinnamon and peanut butter for breakfast)
Wednesday - Week One, Session Three (After run munchies: One egg with red bell pepper and freshly grated cheddar cheese) Mmmmm protein! ;-P

Much to my surprise, the training this week came quite easily to me. I'm hoping this is going to remain true throughout the process. ;-) Hey! A girl can dream, can't she?!


No comments:

Post a Comment