Thursday, November 26, 2009

Today is for counting blessings, not calories! ;o)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without the famous Kuda Pumpkin Cheesecake, so I slaved worked in the kitchen last night, until midnight to get that baby done. I even set my alarm for 2:00 am to get up and put the cake in the fridge after it cooled for two hours. (Now that's what I call a crazy woman dedication!) Here she is in all her glory. ;-)



In case you were wondering, this very special cake is unique in that it has zero calories, no trans fat and is actually very healthy for you. NOT! But that's what the holidays are for, right? Pace yourself the days leading up to the big day and actually enjoy (in moderation) instead of depriving yourself.  That's my philosophy anyways. ;o)

As I mentioned in my first post, I have a healthy and able body of which I am very thankful for. We (or at least I do) tend to take such things for granted and forget to care for this blessing through nutrition and exercise. Thank you, Lord, for my health.

I'm thankful this Thanksgiving for...
  • the gift of life that my father was given through a kidney transplant just two months ago. 
  • my marriage and knight in shining armor who continually sweeps me off my feet
  • my family. Each and every one of them
  • the example my parents have set for their children through their marriage over the past 25 years
  • my husband's job and mine
  • the roof over my head
  • the food in our kitchen
  • our troops who risk their lives each and every day for our freedom
What are YOU thankful for today?

Leave a comment of at least one thing you're thankful for.

5 comments:

  1. Let's see... why don't I run? cause your daddy has bad knees! Otherwise I'd be right there with you the whole time. I'm proud of you sweetheart. Keep up the good work!

    ~ Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuses, excuses.... ;-P

    Running is only one of many things you can do to keep that body of yours in tip top shape. I believe your doctor said something similar yesterday at your follow up appointment. Hmmm... hehe. I love you and am very thankful that you are my daddy. :o) Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am blessed with wonderful family and friends. I am thankful for my family who has gone before us. Without them each of us would not be who we are today. I am thankful I had a Dad who loved us and provided for us the short amount of time he had here on this earth. Thank you Lord for loving us so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for the usual things a soul ought to be thankful for: Jesus, family, friends, a home in the good ol USA, soldiers who provide safety and freedom for us, food, clothes, and much more, not the least of which is the fact that I got to taste that delicious cheesecake last Thanksgivng, and maybe, if I'm real good, I'll get another chance at it someday. :) Aunt Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aunt Brenda, I'm sure you'll get another taste of that yummy cake, one day. :o)

    Thank you ladies for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete